Tuesday, June 15, 2021

 

Day 11 (6/6) – miles traveled: ~334

Location: Fort Pickens State Park, FL

Science: air quality data – some campfires, but not many – camped on the coast, so good seabreeze going…..thunder storm came in for 2nd half of the night

I got into the Fort Pickens site after the campground office closed – someone was in my reserved site already* so I tried to find another spot to grab (it was pretty full so there was a bit of nervousness involved as the sun started to set on me). I ended up finding some really nice folks who told me to take the spot next to them because they knew that the folks who had reserved it had left a day early. Phew. 

One minor "hitch" -- I had a very tough time backing into the spot and really made a few ridiculous maneuvers. Lots of chain rattling and screech braking. 

After entertaining the whole campground with my back-up shenanigans, I set up the air quality sensor, ate some raisin bagels and cream cheese, prepared all my gear for the coming thunderstorm, and went to sleep. Woke to big, bold thunderstorm – nothing obviously leaking so I went back to sleep. 

Some pics:





*upon closer inspection of my original reservations, I actually had gotten there a day late.......ooops.....:)....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 46 (7/11): Miles traveled: ~ 250 Location: Yellowstone, ending at Best Western in Billings, MT Science: air quality measurements (both p...