Thursday, June 10, 2021

Days 3-6 (5/29/21-6/2/21) -- miles traveled: ~450 

Location: Homer, GA -- home of David, Brittany, Lamar (and a little one on the way) 

Science: Air Quality sensor installed on back deck eating/grilling area

After waking up in my abandoned parking lot in Mint Spring, VA, I really felt like I was on the road -- be sure to notice how there is not yet a door on that side of the trailer, and no air vent on top.....:)....


On this drive, it was very clear I was entering an agricultural area --


Once I got to David's, I met my new nephews, Lamar (16 months) and Bowman (10 months)-- so precious. 


I also was greeted with a full steak meal (complete with crisping your steak bites over the fire) by Joe Dueker (meat griller/smoker extroardinaire). From left to right, this is my brother Michael, then brother David, then sister-in-law Brittany (with little one ready to arrive), sister-in-law Amanda, brother Joe, and surprise guest cousin McClure. Brittany's sister and brother-in-law area in the foreground. 

The next day, my brothers and I set to work on my trailer -- and little nephews Bowman and Lamar and Brittany and Amanda supervised. Here's Michael getting ready to cut out the other door with a new router. It lasted 10 seconds before it kicked the bit and ruined the collett. I HATE CUTTING ALUMINUM.


We got a lot done. I don't think a single other person besides me thought it would actually get finished, though -- and I definitely fielded some guff for the amount of stuff I had brought. Working in a garage was a revelation (thanks so much David and Brittany!). Also, I have at this point either mailed or left 3 full boxes of stuff that I no longer needed.......:)....and sending a 4th one soon. I have NEVER been accused of packing lightly!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 46 (7/11): Miles traveled: ~ 250 Location: Yellowstone, ending at Best Western in Billings, MT Science: air quality measurements (both p...